- 2.5 cups bread flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the softened butter and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender, two forks, or your hands. Leave some lumps!
- Add in sour cream, cheddar cheese, and milk. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix!
- Melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 tsp garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Place spoonfuls of dough mixture onto a prepped baking sheet with sides. Spoon 1/2 of melted butter mixture over biscuits.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Pull them out when the biscuits are golden brown. Spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the baked biscuits.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!