Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. This might be my favorite food. They are probably 500 calories a piece, but they taste so amazing that they make me not care. The best copycat of a Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit that I’ve ever come across, this one is a permanent entry in my personal recipe book. No biscuick mix. No nonsense. All flavor. Garlicy, cheesy, buttery goodness.
A fabulous recipe I came across today is from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles. I spotted her photo over on foodgawker, and being the pasta fanatic that I am, I clicked right over. I was so excited when I was reading down the list and saw that I had every ingredient. Every.one. That so rarely happens. I saw it at 11:19 and it was done by noon! This soup was incredible. I’m not usually much of a sausage fan, but the Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage that I picked up last night.
- 2.5 cups bread flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the softened butter and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender, two forks, or your hands. Leave some lumps!
- Add in sour cream, cheddar cheese, and milk. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix!
- Melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 tsp garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Place spoonfuls of dough mixture onto a prepped baking sheet with sides. Spoon 1/2 of melted butter mixture over biscuits.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Pull them out when the biscuits are golden brown. Spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the baked biscuits.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 76mg Sodium: 588mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!