The grill isn’t just for low-and-slow cooks and traditional barbecue. If you have some chicken breasts you have the start of a delicious, comforting dinner! Our Traeger Chicken Breast and Pasta has the perfect blend of smoky, tender, chicken breast with creamy pasta.
Traeger Chicken Breast with Pasta
Why you’ll love this dish…
- Smoky Flavor: The Traeger grill gives the chicken a touch of wood-fired flavor that you can’t get from stovetop or oven-cooked chicken.
- Creamy and Comforting: The pasta, tossed in a rich, creamy sauce, provides the ultimate comfort food experience.
- Versatile: Easily adapt the recipe with different vegetables or adjust the spice level to your liking.
- Simple yet Sophisticated: While straightforward to prepare, the dish boasts complex flavors that are sure to impress.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Creamy Chicken Pasta shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Granulated garlic
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper powder
- High-quality pasta
- Bell pepper
- Mushroom powder
- Chicken stock
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Traeger Chicken Breast with Pasta
Wondering what you’re getting yourself into when you make this dish? Here’s a quick overview of the process! Make sure you follow the instructions at the recipe card at the bottom of the post while you’re cooking.
- PreheatBegin by preheating your pellet grill to 325°F and setting a pot of well-salted water to boil for the pasta.
- Season & GrillPrepare the chicken by coating it with olive oil and seasoning it with salt, onion powder, granulated garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- PastaCook the pasta to al dente firmness. Meanwhile, sauté the bell pepper and garlic in butter, then add the remaining seasonings, chicken stock, and cream to create the sauce.
- MixCombine the drained pasta with the creamy sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Slice & ServeSlice the rested chicken breast and serve atop the creamy pasta.
Try our Chicken Alfredo Lasagna too!
Traeger Chicken Breast with Pasta FAQ
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, feel free to use any high-quality pasta of your choice. The sauce pairs well with a variety of shapes and sizes.
What can I substitute for mushroom powder?
If mushroom powder is unavailable, consider using finely chopped mushrooms sautéed with the bell pepper, or omit it for a less earthy flavor. We LOVE this Mushroom Powder from Spiceology though. I highly recommend you pick some up! We use it in a ton of recipes.
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Yes! Traeger chicken breasts are perfect to make in advance. This pasta and sauce also reheats very well. Store in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave.
Try our Traeger Smoked Chicken Thighs
More great Traeger Chicken recipes to love!
- Greek Chicken Protein Bowl
- Grilled Keto Greek Chicken Bowl
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Recipe
- Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
- Smoked Chicken Taco Salad
- Smoked Chicken Breast
- Smoked Chicken Breast Burrito Bowl
- Traeger Chicken and Gravy
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 pound high-quality pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons mushroom powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat your pellet grill to 325°F. Place a pot of well-salted water onto the stove to boil.
- Lightly coat your chicken breasts with the oil and sprinkle all sides with the seasonings.
- Place onto the grill grates and cook for 8 minutes before flipping. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove and let rest for 10-15 minutes while your pasta finishes cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pasta.
- Boil the pasta in your salted water to al dente firmness. Cut your bell pepper into slices and discard the seeds and stem.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan and sauté the bell pepper until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the salt, onion powder, mushroom powder (if using), chicken stock, and cream. Stir and let simmer over medium to medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Toss the drained, cooked pasta with the sauce. Top with the parmesan cheese.
- Slice the chicken breast and serve on top of the pasta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 633mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!
Nicole Johnson, a self-taught expert in grilling and outdoor cooking, launched Or Whatever You Do in 2010. Her blog, renowned for its comprehensive and creative outdoor cooking recipes, has garnered a vast audience of millions. Nicole's hands-on experience and passion for grilling shine through her work. Her husband, Jeremiah Johnson, also plays a pivotal role in recipe development, adding his culinary flair to the mix. Together, they form a dynamic duo, offering a rich and varied outdoor cooking experience to their followers.