Our simple Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce is the perfect cheesy base to put on any pasta or potato! Simple ingredients, quick preparation, and endlessly customizable based on your family’s tastes and preferences. Make this today!
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
If I had to pick a single favorite flavor of all foods, it would probably be roasted garlic. Garlic in general is such an incredible ingredient, but when you roast it things chance in the best of ways. Roasted garlic is something that you should always have in your fridge. Not only is it great to toss a clove or two into whatever sauce you are cooking up, it works really well in salad dressings, soup, made into aioli, or spread onto a sandwich too.
How to roast garlic
There are a lot of ways to roast garlic, but all of them are pretty easy. The simplest way is to cut the top off of a head of garlic, put it on some foil, drizzle with olive oil, and then fold the foil up around it and seal it up good. Roast it in an oven (or in a grill) until it is golden brown and soft like butter.
There are also various gadgets you can use, if you are into that sort of thing.
You can also confit garlic cloves in olive oil for a really special treat. Our Smoked Confit Garlic recipe details that process.
Get all of my Pasta Recipes here!
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Roasted garlic
- Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh basil
Try our Traeger Creamy Chicken Pasta
How to make Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Start your pasta water
This recipe cooks pretty fast, so you’ll want to start the water first. Make sure it is well-salted, and get it to a rolling boil and cook that pasta while you make the cream sauce.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium and add in the roasted garlic cloves. Stir around for a minute and then add in your cream.
Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes or so, until it reduces by about half.
Remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Add the fresh basil (if using.)
Toss the sauce with the pasta and enjoy!
Try as a side with a Traeger T-Bone!
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce FAQ
How do I store leftover roasted garlic cream sauce, and how long will it last?
Leftover roasted garlic cream sauce should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will typically last for up to 5 days. Reheat gently over low heat to avoid separation.
Can I use the roasted garlic cream sauce for dishes other than pasta?
Absolutely! While the sauce pairs wonderfully with pasta, you can also use it in a variety of other dishes. Try it with grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, or even as a base for a white pizza.
Can the roasted garlic cream sauce be frozen for later use?
I do not recommend freezing sauces that are cream-based. The cream can separate when thawing and reheating. It is best to make this sauce fresh and use within a few days.
Serve with a Smoked Pork Tenderloin
More great recipes to love!
- Our classic Spaghetti and Meat Sauce recipe is a sure-fire winner for dinner! Homemade, but easy to put together, this is a kid-friendly family favorite here, and something we eat once a week (at least!)
- Traeger Pizza Pasta Hotdish is a twist and super fast shortcut recipe that uses jarred marinara and pizza sauce and copious amounts of cheese and pepperoni.
- Homemade Hamburger Helper, for the win! Our Traeger Cheesy Italian Shells is a made-from-scratch version of your favorite boxed pasta. No crazy ingredients, and can easily be made on the stovetop instead of on the grill if that’s your thing.
- We took the Smoked Cream Cheese craze and turned it into an easy, delicious pasta dish! Try Smoked Cream Cheese Pasta next time you need a quick and easy dinner that everyone will love.
- Boursin Pasta is another fun twist on our grilled/smoked pasta sauces, this time featuring the spreadable, seasoned cheese – Boursin! We used the Garlic Herb variety here, but you can sub in your favorite variety.
- Try this easy Penne Pomodoro recipe the next time you need a quick and easy, but filling dinner.
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo is a spin on our simple alfredo recipe. This garlic sauce would work wonderfully with shrimp in it too! Give it a try!
- Pellet Grill TikTok Feta Pasta is the viral hit from TikTok that takes feta, vegetables, and seasonings and roasts them into the perfect sauce. We gave it the Traeger treatment and the wood fire is the perfect accompaniment to the bold feta!
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
This homemade basil cream sauce is SO good on any kind of pasta that you want to toss it on. I'd eat this stuff with a spoon, actually. It is amazing. Take the time to roast the garlic properly, you won't regret it!
- 2 tsp roasted garlic
- 3 TBSP butter, salted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup parmigiano reggiano
- salt to taste
- fresh basil
- Melt butter in a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Add in roasted garlic and stir around, cooking about 30 seconds. Add in cream.
- While stirring frequently, let cream simmer until reduced by almost half.
- Add in reggiano, stir well, and salt to taste. Toss with fettucini noodles and stir in basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!
Foodies Network » Fettucini with Roasted Garlic
Tuesday 11th of November 2014
[…] Fettucini with Roasted Garlic […]
Sarah @ The Pajama Chef
Wednesday 19th of October 2011
this sounds great! i love the flavor of roasted garlic. :)