This simple Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a make-ahead lunch. Homemade dressing tops this flavor-packed salad, and is going to be at the top of your list!
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad
I admit it. I used to be SO EXTRA when it came to going out to eat. It was a little ridiculous, and recently we decided to reign that in quite a bit and be more budget-conscious. That means I’m eating the vast majority of my lunches at home these days, and I need things that are fast, easy, and not pasta, which is my “go-to” when I don’t have something pre-planned.
! Hot Tip !
Want to really amp up the chicken?
Make a double-batch of the dressing and use it as a marinade!
This easy Mediterranean Chicken Salad can be made ahead of time, in bulk. That means you can have lunch ALL WEEK LONG, no thinking necessary.
This recipe is very versatile. You can use chicken breasts or thighs. You can add more vegetables or take out the ones you don’t like. You can use whatever kind of greens you have on hand, or a mix of several. The dressing is homemade, and you can experiment there too. Sub in another type of vinegar. Add some other herbs and seasonings. Add in some chopped Kalamata olives. Make it your own!
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Mediterranean Chicken Salad shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Romaine lettuce
- Spring mix
- Chicken thighs (or breasts)
- Greek Freak seasoning blend (optional)
- Orange bell pepper, sliced
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Italian seasonings
- Dijon mustard
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Fire up that grill and let it preheat to 375°F.
Slice, chop, and prep all the salad fixings and set aside.
Season your chicken with the salt, pepper, and Greek Freak seasoning (if using). Remove when the chicken reaches 165°F. Let cool.
Mix up the dressing
While the chicken is cooking, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set them aside.
Toss the salad and vegetables together, top with your grilled chicken and dressing, and enjoy!
Try our Doritos Taco Salad!
Mediterranean Chicken Salad FAQ
What’s the best way to store this salad?
If you are making this ahead of time or find yourself with some leftovers, make sure to keep all the elements in separate containers until you’re ready to serve them. Vegetables do well stored in a freezer baggie with a paper towel inside to absorb excess moisture. Keep your dressing in a mason jar, and your chicken in a covered container.
Are there any suggested substitutions or additions?
Sure! Add in some roasted chickpeas for extra crunch. I’m a big fan of Kalamata olives in Mediterranean salads, too. How about some toasted pita bread alongside the salad too? Another good substitution would be red wine vinegar for the apple cider vinegar.
Try our homemade Greek Salad Dressing!
Serve this with…
More great recipes to love!
- Strawberry Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Grilled Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Greek Salad
- Grilled Caesar Pasta Salad
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
- Homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe
This fresh salad is easy to make, has a fresh homemade dressing, and features tender, delicious grilled chicken! Lighten up your next lunch or dinner and keep your salad game exciting!
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cup spring mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Greek Freak seasoning blend (optional)
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
For the dressing
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat your grill to 375°F. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let cool, and slice into strips.
- Chop up the bacon, bell pepper, red onion, and cherry tomatoes.
- Mix the vinaigrette up by adding the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisking briskly to combine.
- Place the lettuce into a large serving bowl. Layer the rest of the ingredients on top of the bed of lettuce.
- When ready to serve, pour in the vinaigrette and combine all ingredients together using salad tongs.
You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe also. Or leftover grilled chicken if you have it around!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 1605mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 23g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.