This creamy spinach skillet tortellini takes about 20 minutes to whip up. You can use leftover homemade spaghetti sauce, or just a good jarred variety. Make it vegetarian by choosing a meatless sauce, or spice it up a bit by tossing in some spicy Italian sausage.
Creamy Spinach Skillet Tortellini
I hate dishes, so therefore I LOVE one-pot meals. It is really the best of all worlds. Add in pasta to that equation and this might just be my idea of the perfect dinner.
This recipe is endlessly customizable. Feel free to experiment with amounts and flavors. I’m just providing a good starting point for you!
Start by melting some butter in your pan and browning your mushrooms and onions.
I also wanted to toss in a few red bell peppers too! Experiment! Throw in whatever veggies you like.
Now add 1/2 cup of water and a heaping handful of spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
Now add about 2-3 cups of your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce, 1/2 cup cream, and about 3 cups of cheese tortellini.
You should have enough sauce to cover the pasta. If you need to add a bit more water and/or red sauce, please do so! Simmer, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until the tortellini is heated through. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, cover with 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of shredded parmigiano reggiano. You can also use the parm in the green can, but I try not to!
Cover, and finish cooking until the cheese is melty.
Serve immediately with a piece of crusty bread and a fresh caesar salad!
More amazing comfort food, right here.
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- large handful baby spinach
- 2-3 cups spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cheese tortellini
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded reggiano
- Melt butter in skillet. Add in mushrooms, onions, and red bell pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add water and spinach and stir until wilted. Add spaghetti sauce, cream, and tortellini. Stir well, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add cheese, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook additional 3-5 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 647 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 725mg Carbohydrates: 78g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 26g