These fried pork dumplings are a perfect party appetizer, or make them a meal and serve with a salad!
Fried Pork Dumplings
I am obsessed with pretty much all Asian foods. Since my eating out budget is currently at $0, I have to get creative and make it at home to satisfy those cravings. I’ve done fairly well so far.
All of these regularly make it into my rotation. These dumplings are getting added into the bunch too!
They start with a simple mixture of ground pork, garlic, fresh ginger, green onions, rice vinegar, and soy sauce.
Lay out some wrappers, and place about a teaspoon of filling on each. Work quickly because once the wrappers start to dry out they are really hard to fold!
Wet the edges with a cornstarch slurry, fold in half to form a triangle, and then fold the corners in toward the center.
Preheat a good non-stick skillet with 1/4 cup of water and 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. Place the dumplings into the pan carefully, cover, and steam until the water is evaporated and one side has browned. Flip the dumplings and brown the other side.
Serve with dipping sauce, and one of my Asian main dishes listed at the beginning of this post!
Or just make a meal of them all on their own.
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce/paste
- 1 teaspoons sesame oil
- 20-25 square wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water, divided
- Mix ground pork, garlic, green onions, ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and sesame oil together using your hands until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of pork mixture into wonton wrappers, combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup cold water to make a slurry, and wet the edges of the wonton wrappers with it. Fold wonton wrapper in half to make a triangle, and then fold the corners over toward the center.
- Preheat oil and water in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until the water is simmering. Add the dumplings in a single layer, cover, and steam for 3 minutes or until the water evaporates. Uncover, and brown on both sides.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 397 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 555mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 20g