This Spicy Garlic Chicken and Green Beans is quick to throw together and goes great over a bed of jasmine rice!
Spicy Garlic Chicken and Green Beans
This Garlic Chicken and Green Beans of my favorite 30-minute meals EVER. Don’t like spice? Just leave that out and you’re left with an amazing garlic chicken that you are going to want to add to the weekly rotation.
Stir-fry is a great option for when you are wanting something quick and easy but also homemade for dinner.
It is one of my go-to options when I just do not feel like deciding what to make for dinner because we always have some meat and vegetables laying around the house.
Do I have to use a wok for stir-fry?
Nope! Woks are my favorite for this, but they are definitely not necessary. Any non-stick pan will do.
How to make great stir-fry
- HOT stove
- SMALL batches
The secret to a wonderful stir-fry is to not be afraid of the HEAT. Run your stove at full blast because it still won’t be nearly as hot as the burners in the kitchens of Asian restaurants.
The other secret is to cook in small batches. Smalllll batches allow the pan to stay nice and blazing hot. If you overload the pan it is less stir-fry and more saute.
Can I substitute another vegetable?
Absolutely! You can use whatever vegetables you’d like, and whatever protein you’d like as well. This is a great multi-purpose stir-fry sauce, so feel free to get creative.
Need a great rice recipe?
Make my Instant Pot Basmati!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 cups green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil, or other high-smoke-point oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 11/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat with a small amount of oil inside. Quickly stir-fry the chicken in small batches (don't crowd the wok!) until it is no longer pink on the outside. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Reheat wok with a bit more oil. Stir-fry the vegetables in batches until bright and crisp, yet partially cooked. About 3 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the pan, and pour the sauce mixture over the top. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
Amount of sauce pictured represents triple the amount of sauce here. To get similar results, please triple the sauce recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 544mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 28g