You have likely never hear of a Juicy Lucy unless you are from Minnesota. It is a hamburger, but it is stuffed with cheese, or any number of other things.
I’ve seen it stuffed with onion, bacon, mushrooms, lutefisk, hot dish, pop (maybe not the last three). The sky is the limit, but for you today we kept it simple and are serving up a classic Juicy Lucy stuffed with Colby Jack.
It has been non-stop grilling this summer, and I’ll be sad when the rains start and grilling season ends. We’ll still battle the weather on occasion for that awesome grilling flavor, but not nearly as often as this summer.
For hamburgers, try and buy the best quality burger you can, and don’t get it too lean. You need fat in the meat in order to keep it juicy and delicious.
Need more great recipes for your grill? Check these out!
We prefer to keep our burgers simple with no add-ins to the meat.
Place your fillings inside…
Cover with another patty, and then seal the edges shut. Season liberally, and get ready to grill.
Don’t flip the Juicy Lucy more than once. If you mess with it too much, it can come apart at the seams.
Flip the burger carefully after about 5-7 minutes of grilling…
or when the bottom has a nice char on it.
Remove from the grill when the bottom side is cooked, and let cool for about 10 minutes before you attempt to eat this, or cheese the temperature of the surface of the sun will enter your mouth and face, and no one wants that!
Top your burger with your favorite toppings, and dig in!
- 1/2 pound high-quality ground beef
- 2 slices thick Colby jack cheese, trimmed to fit patties
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, seasoning salt, onion powder, or your favorite burger seasoning
- 2 hamburger buns
- garnish and toppings of your choice
- Form equally sized patties from the ground beef.
- Place cheese that has been trimmed to it the patties on top of two of them.
- Place remaining two patties on top, and seal edges.
- Grill over medium heat for about 7 minutes per side, turning once, until cooked through.
- Let sit for 10 minutes after grilling so the cheese can go from lava level down to boiling.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, don't cha know.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 796Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 1723mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 58g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!