Sriracha Salmon Stuffed Mushrooms are a great change up to your usual stuffed mushroom filling. These use canned salmon, but I’d recommend using fresh if you have it hanging around.
Sriracha Salmon Stuffed Mushrooms
I was SO surprised by these! I’ve never really used canned salmon before, and was a little surprised at how tuna-like it was when I opened the can.
I expected salmon, but I smelled tuna.
That didn’t leave me very optimistic for these.
If you have fresh salmon around, please feel free to use it instead of the canned variety. If you don’t though, the canned is actually a decent substitute in this instance!
More awesome appetizers here!
I LOVED these after they came out of the oven. My favorite part was the spicy bite of the sriracha in the bottom of the mushroom cap. If you aren’t in love with sriracha like the rest of the world, feel free to skip that part of it.
More mushroom recipes here!
- Mushroom Pork Chops with Vegetable Wild Rice Pilaf
- Skillet Tortellini with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
- Spaghetti with Mushroom Meat Sauce
- Mini Egg Muffins with Mushrooms and Spinach
- 15-20 mushrooms, stems and visible dirt removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons diced garlic
- 1 - 6 oz can sockeye salmon, drained well
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely dice stems, and saute in a medium pan over medium heat with butter and garlic. Mix the mushroom stems, garlic, and butter in with the salmon, cream cheese, egg, parmesan, panko, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir well to distribute the ingredients. Squeeze a little bit of Sriracha into the bottom of each mushroom cap, and then spoon filling mixture into mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is melted and hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 161 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 285mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 10g