Instant Pot Street Tacos are super simple and full of flavor. You’ve never had a street taco like this before. Break out your instant pot and go from here to DONE in under an hour.
Instant Pot Street Tacos
I LOVE street tacos. There’s just something about those tender flavorful bits of flank steak that I can’t get enough of. And you all know how much I big PUFFY heart my Instant Pot because of my chronic lack of planning, and insanely busy, hectic life.
You’ll have seen my Instant Pot love in my Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos, Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Teriyaki, Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts from Frozen, Instant Pot Pork Ribs, Pressure Cooker Beef Brisket, and these Smothered Shredded Beef Burritos.
This Instant pot Street Tacos recipe is super easy. You start by taking your flank steak and seasoning it well and cutting it across the grain into some large chunks.
Then stick it into a big baggie, and dump in the awesome marinade.
Ideally, you’ll let that sit overnight, but 3 or 4 hours will do in a pinch.
Next, it is just a quick 20-25 minutes in the instant pot, and you’ve got super tender, flavorful, and delicious street tacos. Cut it up into bite-sized pieces, and try not to eat it straight off the cutting board. I dare ya.
I like serving these with lightly toasted corn tortillas, a few finely diced onions, and lots of cilantro.
Like, a LOT LOT of cilantro. It is my favorite.
- 4-5 pound flank steak, with the extra fat trimmed off
- 1 12 ounce can Mexican beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons diced cilantro
- finely diced white onion
- Trim the extra fat off of the flank steak, combine all of the dry rub ingredients, and rub all over the steak.
- Cut the flank steak into a few pieces, place it into a large baggie, and add in all of the marinade ingredients. Refrigerate overnight at best, or 3-4 hours at least.
- Remove the baggie from the fridge, place into your instant pot, and pour in the 12 ounce can of beer along with all of the marinade ingredients from the baggie.
- Close the Instant Pot, and set to Manual and 25 minutes.
- After the timer has gone off, manually vent the pot and check the tenderness of the steak. You want it to be tender, but not "fall-apart" tender. If it needs it, put it in for another 5 minutes of cook time in manual mode.
- Remove the flank steak from the pot, chop into bite-sized pieces, and serve with cilantro, onion, lime, and corn tortillas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 866 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 299mg Sodium: 582mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 106g