Bacon Spinach Breakfast Sandwiches served up fresh from your own kitchen. A hearty, filling breakfast that your whole family will love.
Bacon Spinach Breakfast Sandwich
This is one of my favorite things – ever. A great breakfast sandwich is really hard to beat, but a bacon spinach breakfast sandwich with fresh eggs, bacon, and spinach that’s been quickly sautéed in a bit of the bacon grease.
If you want to get really crazy, you could even make your own english muffins to serve these on.
Using store-bought english muffins is totally acceptable if you don’t feel like tackling the homemade variety. Still awesome.
I love backyard chickens. Seriously. My chickens’ yolks are the same color as this cheddar cheese.
If you liked this you’ll love these other breakfast ideas that I’ve posted! They would be perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch.
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 2 English muffins
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Toast English muffins and lightly butter. Place one slice of cheese on one half of each English muffin.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel, and set aside.
- Saute spinach in 1-2 tablespoons bacon grease until wilted. Place hot spinach on top of cheese.
- Fry two farm fresh eggs in some butter and bacon grease until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny. We like to flip them once for over easy, but some people prefer sunny side up eggs.
- Place the egg on top of the spinach, and the bacon on top of the egg, and then top it with the other half of the muffin. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 260mg Sodium: 1200mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 31g