The first time I made these pork chops with caramelized onions and dijon cream sauce, I was very skeptical. I didn’t know how it would turn out. When it was finished I was very surprised, and very pleased. This is a unique pork chop dish for when you are in the mood for something different. It only takes about 30 minutes to throw together and get into the crock pot in the morning, and then in the evening all you have to do is either mash some potatoes, or boil some egg noodles with a vegetable on the side for a delicious, easy, filling meal.
Slow cooked pork chops pair nicely with a Dijon cre am sauce for a tasty twist to your usually pork chop routine.
- Season trimmed center-cut chops well with salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and Lawry's Seasoning salt. Heat 2 TBSP of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops well on both sides and remove to slow cooker.
- Thinly slice 2 large onions and place into pan with an additional 1 TBSP of oil. Add in 1.5 tsp of dry mustard, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook over medium-low heat until onions are cooked, caramelized, and developed in color.
- Add to skillet 1.5 TBSP of minced garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add 3 TBSP of flour. Stir until well combined and cook 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of white wine and 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar. Cook until thickened and pour over chops in slow cooker.
- Cook 6-7 hours on medium, or 4-5 hours on high. Check approximately 1 hour before end of cook time as total cooking time will depend on your particular model of slow cooker.
- When chops are fork tender remove from cooker. Add in 2 TBSP Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir well and pour over chops on serving plate.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes or egg noodles.