Who doesn’t love quick, simple, and easy to make side dishes? My Easy Butter Noodles are going to be the perfect side dish for your next meal! Full of flavor and a hit with all ages, I promise you’re going to LOVE these!
Easy Buttered Noodles
When I say simple, I really mean it. Aside from the egg noodles themselves, there are only 4 ingredients in here!
Butter, salt, garlic salt, and herbs are the key to making this delicious side dish! Try making this with a really saucy main dish for the perfect hot meal!
Egg noodles are such an amazingly versatile thing to have in your kitchen. Not only are they good in side dishes like this, but they also are fantastic for soups and pasta salads!
Click here to save this post for later!
What should I make with Easy Buttered Noodles?
Some recipes that would be a GREAT main dish for these noodles are:
- Traeger Spatchcock Chicken
- Traeger Smoked Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Traeger Braised Beef Short Ribs
- Reverse Seared Hanger Steak
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Dijon Cream Sauce.
While these would make excellent main dishes, you really can make these butter noodles as a side dish for anything!
Can I Use Different Noodles?
Obviously, egg noodles are my top pick for this recipe. The rich texture they have goes so well with the butter sauce, it’s hard to beat! Although, if you don’t have them on hand, feel free to use whatever you have!
Some of my top picks for alternate noodles would be:
- Fettucine – Fettucine noodles that are cooked al dente would make a great substitute! It’ll be like eating alfredo, but just butter! Add some parmesan on top for added flavor and texture!
- Fusili – This little spiral pasta will be great at catching all of that buttery goodness!
- Gemelli – Another great pasta that’ll catch all of the butter sauce in its curls! This pasta isn’t used a ton, so if you’re looking for something unique to impress your family and friends, this is it!
- Penne – If you’re looking for a fork full of pasta, this is going to be the best bet for you! It’s hollow, so works well with a pan-sauce.
You could even use some of those fancy vegetable infused kinds of pasta or gluten-free versions! This is a recipe that’s really easy to tailor into whatever you want it to be.
No matter what pasta you use, it’ll be a hit! I promise!
Get more amazing side dish recipes here!
Can I Make These Into The Main Dish?
While these are meant to be more of a side dish, anything can be made into a main dish if you have the will for it!
Here are some tips for how to make this into a main dish:
- Bigger portion sizes – The obvious difference between and main and a side is simply the portion size. Instead of serving a single scoop, try 2-3!
- Brown the butter to get a deeper flavor – Brown butter is the easiest way to add A TON of flavor to any dish that has butter in it!
- Add different flavors! – If you want to add a little *pop* of flavor, you can add things like lemons and capers! It’s a super simple way to cut the richness of the butter and pump up the flavor! If you’re feeling classy, crumbling some cooked prosciutto on top is TO DIE FOR!
- Break out the CHEESE – Oh. My. Cheese. Add your favorite kinds of cheese in during the cooking process for a more creamy texture and delicious cheesiness! Mozzarella would be a fabulous addition to this recipe!
- Add meat and/or vegetables – You can add your favorite meat to this dish to add some some bulk to the meal. Plus more protein means more filling. Any seafood or lean protein would go great in this dish. If you cook the sauce in the same pan, you’ll deglaze all of the flavorful goodness into your dish! Throw in some vegetables too for some extra flavor.
Can I Use A Butter Substitute?
If you’re someone who has a sensitivity to dairy, or if your family or friends do, you can 100% use a butter substitute.
You can use anything that is similar to butter, like maragerine or a vegan butter substitute. You could also use olive oil.
You may need to add extra salt or garlic salt to compensate for the lack of salt, but that’s an easy enough fix!
You can use whatever you think is going to be best for the occasion, and follow your gut! If you think it needs more seasoning to make up for it not being real butter, go for it!
- 1 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bring a pot of well-salted water (salt not included in recipe ingredients) to a boil. Boil the egg noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet, and stir in the garlic powder and salt.
- Drain the noodles well, and toss with the butter.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs on top, and serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 181mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g