Prime Rib Pinwheel Sandwich
This easy-to-make and even easier-to-love prime rib sandwich features leftover medium-rare prime rib that’s been cubed and sprinkled on a roll of crescent dough along with a horseradish sauce and copious amounts of cheese. All this topped with some caramelized shallots and more cheese before being baked until everything is golden brown, bubbly, and perfect.
Or Whatever You Do participates in several different affiliate programs. Links in this post may be affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Prime Rib Pinwheel Sandwich Shopping List
You should already have the cooked prime rib in the fridge, so leave that off the list. If you don’t and want to pick up some medium-rare roast beef from the deli counter, that would be a pretty good substitution here.
Otherwise, you’ll want to grab:
- Crescent Roll Dough – Sheets if they have them!
- cheddar cheese
- creamy horseradish sauce
More leftover prime rib recipes here!
How to make Prime Rib Pinwheel Sandwiches
Making these is super simple. All of the hard stuff is done, and all you need to do now is roll it up and bake it.
- Start by pre-heating your oven or your Pellet Grill to 350°.
- Caramelize the shallots.
- Roll out the crescent sheet on parchment.
- Spread sauce and toppings evenly over the dough.
- Roll it up.
- Bake it.
- Eat it.
- Love it.
What else could I add to this sandwich?
I happen to think that this sandwich is pretty perfect the way it is, but if you want some more options for additions, I have some suggestions below.
- sliced onion
- sauteed mushrooms
- swiss cheese
What can I serve with a Prime Rib Sandwich?
This is kind of a meal into itself, but some vegetables and a salad would be perfect alongside this easy meal.
Some grilled asparagus is never turned down either if you are looking to add more vegetables to your life!
Pin For Later!
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tube crescent roll dough sheet
- 3 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
- 3 cups cubed prime rib
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Slice the shallots into thin rounds, place 2 tablespoons of butter into a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat, and saute for 10-15 minutes until they are caramelized and lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take a large piece of parchment paper and place it on a baking sheet. Roll out your crescent dough.
- Spread the horseradish sauce over the dough, and top with cubed prime rib, shallots, and cheddar cheese. Reserve a few shallots and some cheddar for the top.
- Roll up the sandwich from the long edge, and place seam-side-down on the parchment. Place the remaining cheese and shallots on the top.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 788Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 37g