Dungeness Crab Stuffed Shells are a nice way to feature some amazing seafood and change up your stuffed shell game with alfredo instead of red sauce!
Dungeness Crab Stuffed Shells
I am SUCH a huge seafood fan. Lobster, shrimp, scallops, clams, scallops, fish (OMGosh SUSHI!!!), and DEFINITELY crab. I love it all. King crab, snow crab, and the amazing Dungeness crab.
These Dungeness crab stuffed shells are filled with a creamy mix of mascarpone and ricotta that is seasoned lightly with oregano and topped with a large chunk of Dungeness crab.
Want more seafood recipes? You can find all of these here:
Then I topped the shells with a really quick and easy garlic cream sauce, a few sprinkles of fresh Parmigiano Reggiano, and baked on 325 for 30 minutes.
These were fantastic! Creamy and cheesy and BIG helpings of crab. It really satisfies your seafood craving and would be a perfect seafood dish for Lent.
- 1 box large shells
Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter, salted
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 8 oz ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup freshly shredded reggiano
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2-3 cups shelled Alaskan Dungeness Crab
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Saute garlic for 30 seconds, and then add cream. Whisk to combine, and cook over medium-low heat until reduced and slightly thickened. Add salt to taste.
- Par-boil shells for half of the cooking time. Remove from water and let cook until safe to handle.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix together the mascarpone, ricotta, egg, and herbs. Stir in reggiano and mozzarella.
- Coat the bottom of your baking dish with some of the cream sauce.
- Spoon filling into shells, and then place crab on top of the filling. Place shells into baking dish, pour remaining cream sauce evenly over the sides of the shells, and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 84gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 304mgSodium: 1077mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!