Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl is a family favorite here, and a fantastic way to use up leftover chicken breast and/or veggies.
This is a perfect, quick, kid-pleasing weeknight dish. It takes about 30 minutes, and can take even less if you have some of the ingredients left-over in the fridge already. Make a big batch of this and freeze into individual portions for a quick lunch.
I topped this with a few shakes of my new favorite seasoning, Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning. Also, my favorite teriyaki sauce for this is Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce. Those links are to Amazon, but both of these products are currently in stock at my local Costco, and I highly suggest getting them there, if you can!
You can use them in so many different dishes. I just can’t say enough good things.
Love teriyaki? You’ll love these recipes then!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots blend
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 4 cups cooked rice, Jasmine or Basmati work the best for this, but you can use whatever you prefer.
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce Use as much as you'd like. 1/2 cup was perfect for me., I prefer Soy Vey brand
- Preheat oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken breast and frozen vegetables.
- Stir fry until the vegetables are hot.
- Add the teriyaki sauce, and let simmer until hot.
- Stir in rice until well combined. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 461 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 1448mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 25g