Crêpes are so easy to make! I have been a little terrified of them, but once I took the plunge and just started making them I discovered that they are just as easy – if not a bit easier – than pancakes!
Marionberry Crepe Recipe
These crêpes are filled with a lightly sweetened vanilla cream cheese and then some seedless marionberry jam from Pacific Northwest growers! I love local berries! These jams come from Oregon, and this post has been kindly sponsored by the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission. By supporting my sponsors you help support Or Whatever You Do and allow me to keep creating! Thank you!
It’s only 8 days until Christmas eve! Oh.My.GOSH! I’m not even close to ready. Like – shockingly far away from being ready. That’s the usual state for me mid-December though – so I can’t say I am surprised. Amazon Prime is my BFF this time of year, and then I usually go out for one epic shopping trip to finish up. In our family, we open the vast majority of the presents on Christmas Eve.
These crêpes are filled with a lightly sweetened cream cheese mixture and then topped with Oregon Marionberry seedless jam. It’s a perfect filling of sweet in these crêpes. Next time I’m definitely going to try a savory crepe filling with scrambled eggs and bacon.
This time though? I was allllll about the berry. We even topped them with a great marionberry syrup that we made this year from fresh oregon marionberries (recipe to come soon!)
What is your favorite kind of berry? Mine has always always been the raspberry, but since moving to the Pacific Northwest and discovering the abundance of sweet and juice blackberries? I might be converted.
There is this one berry I tried that’s a mix of FIVE different kinds of berries called a Bumbleberry that I’m totally head over heels for, but those are really hard to come by. One thing that can’t be beat on a big bowl of ice cream, on pancakes, on waffles, or yogurt is homemade blackberry syrup though. It is so condensed and the big blackberry flavor just erupts. It’s amazing.
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 jar marionberry seedless jam or your favorite berry jam!
- Put all ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined. Let sit in a fridge for 1 hour to let bubbles settle which will help prevent the crepes breakage.
- Preheat a crepe pan or a shallow non stick pan over medium to medium high heat. Rub a cold stick of butter over pan's surface to coat. Pour about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot pan and tilt the pan around to form a circle and evenly coat. Cook for 30 seconds on one side, and then flip for 10-20 additional seconds. Remove to a flat surface and let cool slightly.
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Spread a thin layer over the middle of the crepes, and then top with a few tablespoons of jam. Roll up and serve with whipped cream and berry syrup.
Slightly adapted from Alton Brown.