Blueberry Banana Bread is a nice change up to your traditional banana bread. Kind of a cross between a muffin and a quick bread, you will have trouble deciding whether this is breakfast or dessert!
Blueberry Banana Bread
My kids finally left enough bananas alone for one time in their short lives for me to make banana bread again. It happens so rarely that I feel a compulsive need to write it down.
Seriously, these boys go through an amazing amount of bananas, and now that summer is here? Forget it. I can buy three bunches of bananas at the store, and they will be gone before the first brown spot even threatens to show its face.
Yesterday was our turn to host our family Sunday dinner, and I needed something sweet to whip up that was fast, and used what I had on hand.
This blueberry banana bread, which is a variation on my usual banana bread, was perfect! The lemon cream cheese glaze added a little extra sweetness, and made it a bit desserty instead of just snacky or breakfasty. YouGotThaty?
I even made a totally optional blueberry sauce to top it with too, which put it WAY over the top good.
For our main dish we did our very first rotisserie chickens! How did I live for 32 years without a rotisserie in my life???
I LOVE Costco’s rotisserie chickens, but this way WAY beyond that. The texture was much better, as we didn’t inject the chicken with any flavorings. Next time, we’re going to brine the birds, and smoke them for a while before finishing them off on the rotisserie. Yay summer grilling season!
Blueberry Banana Bread
This recipe makes three small loaves of banana bread.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 bananas extra ripe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour all purpose
- 1.5 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients except blueberries in your mixer. Mix for 3 minutes, or until completely combined. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out with moist crumbs. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Slowly add lemon juice until your desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled banana bread, and serve immediately.
Never Miss A Recipe!
Subscribe to get occasional emails and snark direct from ME!