Alfredo dip is an awesome appetizer to serve. It is rich and decadent, but the spinach adds an earthy and fresh flavor to the mix!
This spinach alfredo dip was a happy accident. I was originally going for more of a traditional spinach dip, and ended up with something much different, but pleasantly surprising!
I’m gearing up for the Thanksgiving countdown, and have been busy menu planning and searching out new and exciting things to plan and make. We will have all the normal fixings of turkey, stuffing, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, and glazed carrots, but I’ve got some plans for a homemade green bean casserole, a new cranberry sauce, some fresh buttermilk rolls, and a whole array of desserts.
I am going to be cooking straight through from Tuesday on through Thanksgiving dinner, but I’m going to have a blast doing it! Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the year, so I might get a little overly excited about the planning and preparation of it!
Try this simple, made-from-scratch dip for your next get-together. Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes or until it is melted, bubbly, and smelling delicious. Easily adapt to your slow cooker by heating on high for an hour or so or until the mixture is melted and bubbly.
- 1/2 cup butter, salted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons diced garlic
- 8 ounce cream cheese, diced
- 3 cups half and half
- 6-8 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, and whisk in flour until there are no lumps remaining. Cook over low heat whisking continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic into pan and whisk for 30 seconds to briefly cook garlic.
- Slowly stir in half and half until the butter/flour is fully combined. Add diced cream cheese. Heat on medium low heat until the mixture thickens slightly, and the cream cheese is softened and combines with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place spinach into a large blender, pour alfredo sauce over the top, cover, and puree mixture.
- Pour pureed mixture into a baking dish. Stir in sour cream, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and hot.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or baguettes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 360 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 528mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 14g
I received this Nutri Ninja I Ninja Blender DUO with Auto-iQ free of charge for testing and review purposes. I have not been monetarily compensated for this post, and all opinions are 100% my own.