Strawberry Stuffed Cupcakes are a fun-filled surprise for any cupcake lovers.
Strawberry Stuffed Cupcakes
I LOVE a good cupcake. LOVE.
Now that strawberry season is approaching, and Easter is only days away, I wanted to share this quick and easy strawberry stuffed cupcake recipe that I made.
It has been extra crazy here lately. Lots of exciting CoScheduley stuff going on, and last week I set a work record for myself.
Almost 50 hours at CoSchedule, FOUR sponsored posts due last week, and SIX Little League games. SIX. Plus some practices. It was inSANE. In a good way though. It’s exciting and fun and so rewarding. I love all my jobs, and wouldn’t have it any other way.
These strawberry filled cupcakes use a doctored up boxed yellow cake mix. Usually I prefer baking from scratch, and I don’t really think it takes much longer, but a while back there was a killer sale on cake mixes and I bought a bunch. Like – 10. So now I have cake mix in my pantry just waiting to be used, and sometimes any time I can cut off is necessary.
When I DO use cake mixes, I never add only the water and eggs like the directions call for. Switching it up and adding milk and extra egg yolks make the cake taste more “homemade”.
Need some more awesome cupcake ideas? I’ve got lots!
I LOVE the fresh whole strawberry center of these, and filling them in super easy. Just use a paring knife to cut out a cone from the cupcakes, and stick a strawberry right in.
Since it is so close to Easter, I used some cute easter egg decorations I picked up, and some Easter sprinkles! Yay for holiday themed decorating!
What is your favorite Easter dessert?
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon grand marnier optional
- 12 strawberries washed, dried, and stemmed
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 - 13 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Combine the cake mix and instant pudding mix. Add milk, eggs, and egg yolks. Mix 1 minute. Add in butter and Grand Marnier. Mix 2 minutes. Bake in lined cupcake pan for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Beat frosting ingredients together. If necessary, chill for 5 minute increments until slightly stiffened.
- Cut out a cone shape from each cupcake after they are completely cooled. Place a stemmed, cleaned and dried strawberry inside, and place a piece of cake on top.
- Pipe on icing, and decorate with sprinkles.