Napoleon Grills sent me an amazing grill and the accessories to go along with it, and are sponsoring the summer grilling series and giveaways related to it. All opinions are entirely my own.
Here on the West coast I am still on time for the Finally Friday Summer Grilling with Napoleon post, but in most parts of the country it is more like a Suddenly Saturday post. I spent most of today at the computer, but I don’t feel like I accomplished all that much. Behind the scenes blogging stuff is very time consuming, and very boring for the most part. Today I made a spreadsheet, and filled in that spreadsheet. Exciting, right? I want to be super witty and funny and tell you amazing tales about my day and my week, but it is 8 minutes to Midnight and I just do not have it in me at the moment. Forgive me?
I did do some productive things with my day today besides keeping 5 kids relatively happy and occupied, including this caramelized banana trifle. I took some pound cake and lightly toasting it on my grill, and then coated bananas with sugar and stuck those on the grill too to caramelize and get delicious. It was such a nice treat! You can make this into one large trifle, or break it up into individual portions.
I just love my Napoleon M485 grill for this! It is so easy to use, and the heat is even, and the results are always incredible.
After the grilling is done, mix up your softened cream cheese until it is smooth and lump-free. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar until well combined, and then add your pudding mix. Mix until smooth, and slowly add your milk, mixing until smooth and thickened.
Cut the pound cake into cubes and layer the pound cake, then banana, then the pudding mix, repeat until ingredients are gone, and top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Serve immediately, or chill for up to 3-4 hours. Best made the day you will be eating it. Peeling bananas don’t always hold up so well kept over!
- 2 pound cakes
- 4 bananas, peel on, split in half lengthwise
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 - Vanilla Instant Pudding, 5.1 oz
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2½ cups milk, 2% or higher
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ - ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- Preheat grill to medium heat, and clean well. Sprinkle sugar over cut side of bananas, and slice pound cakes into 1 inch slices. Grill over medium heat until the cake is lightly toasted and grill marked, and the bananas are golden brown and caramelized.
- Mix pudding mix, cream cheese, sugar, and milk together until smooth, combined, and thickened. Place into a large baggie, and set aside until you are assembling the trifle.
- Beat the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla together until thick.
- Assemble trifle by cubing the pound cake slices, and then layering pound cake, sliced peeled bananas, and pudding. Top layer should be whipped cream, and then sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Don’t forget to enter my latest giveaways! Click on the photos to be taken to the post.