Have you ever had grilled pound cake before? I hadn’t, but then today I took some pound cake and lightly toasted it on my grill, and then coated bananas with sugar and stuck those on the grill too to caramelize and get delicious. It was such a nice treat! You can make this into one large trifle, or break it up into individual portions.
After the grilling is done, mix up your softened cream cheese until it is smooth and lump-free. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar until well combined, and then add your pudding mix. Mix until smooth, and slowly add your milk, mixing until smooth and thickened.
Cut the pound cake into cubes and layer the pound cake, then banana, then the pudding mix, repeat until ingredients are gone, and top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Serve immediately, or chill for up to 3-4 hours. Best made the day you will be eating it. Peeling bananas don’t always hold up so well kept over!
- 2 pound cakes
- 4 bananas, peel on, split in half lengthwise
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 - Vanilla Instant Pudding, 5.1 oz
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2½ cups milk, 2% or higher
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ - ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- Preheat grill to medium heat, and clean well. Sprinkle sugar over cut side of bananas, and slice pound cakes into 1 inch slices. Grill over medium heat until the cake is lightly toasted and grill marked, and the bananas are golden brown and caramelized.
- Mix pudding mix, cream cheese, sugar, and milk together until smooth, combined, and thickened. Place into a large baggie, and set aside until you are assembling the trifle.
- Beat the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla together until thick.
- Assemble trifle by cubing the pound cake slices, and then layering pound cake, sliced peeled bananas, and pudding. Top layer should be whipped cream, and then sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Foodie, and Instagram!