A refreshing twist on a classic cocktail, this Lemongrass Lemon Drop has a hint of added citrus and is sweetened with a lemongrass simple syrup.
Lemongrass Lemon Drop
This week I’m away at a blogging retreat, and tonight I get the pleasure of making and sharing these beautiful drinks with all of the attendees. I’m sharing this recipe with you all a little early so that you can enjoy a little lemongrass lemon drop right along with us – virtually.
Being a Vegas rookie, I’m super excited to meet some amazing bloggers, eat delicious food, and most of all learn the ropes and gain some insight, tips, tricks, and strategies to make Or Whatever You Do even better than it is today.
If you love lemon drop martinis, you are going to LOVE this little twist on it. The lemongrass simple syrup is refreshing and adds unique, light, and fragrant notes to the drink, without overpowering it.
Make sure you put some lemon zest into your sugar rim sugar! That is one of my favorite parts of this drink.
Sugared lemons, sugared rims, and a perfectly sweet and sour mixture of vodka, lemon, and lemongrass simple syrup.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Lemongrass
- 1 - 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz lemongrass simple syrup
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- lemon zest sugar for rim
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool before using in any cocktails. Keep in a sealed glass container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Zest 1/2 lemon and mix with 1/4 cup sugar
- Rub cut lemon over outer rim of glass, and place into sugar to rim the glass with the sugar mixture.
- Place ice into a shaker and top with vodka, lemongrass simple syrup, and lemon juice. Shake well for 10 seconds.
- Strain out into your glass.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 99g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 96g Protein: 0g