Add the egg and vanilla.
Mix until combined.
In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients and add to wet. Mix until combined and press into the bottom of a 9×13. All I have right now is a 10×13, so that’s what I used.
Melt 6oz of chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk and butter in a double boiler, stirring frequently, until melted.
Pour over the cookie topping, and bake as directed.
Here is the final product! I don’t know what I was expecting, but it wasn’t this. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted to me similar to ‘no bake’ drop cookies, minus the peanut butter, and I LOVE no bake drop cookies, so it worked for me.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1½ cups oatmeal, quick cooking
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 6 oz Milk Chocolate
- Cream brown sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients. Slowly add in to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Press mixture into a 9x13 lined with parchment, non-stick foil, or well prepped with baking spray.
- Using a double boiler, or a pot with an inch of water and another glass or metal bowl on top of it. Simmer water underneath, and add condensed milk, chocolate, and butter to top bowl. Stir until melted and combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture over bars in prepped pan. Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Turns out these bars were some of my husband’s favorites. I hope they can be yours too.