When you need to be prepared for guests dropping by, this Beef Queso Dip is just the thing to have ready to go! I always tend to have these ingredients hanging around the house, and this dip is meaty and kids and adults alike will love it.
Beef and Cheese Queso
Almost everybody loves tacos, so you really can’t go wrong with this easy dip recipe. Since the ingredients are common staples inmost pantries, I really can’t believe you’re not making this cheesy taco dip RIGHT NOW.
The only thing you may not have and may want to consider buying is the Spiceology Taco Seasoning, but just because it is the BEST taco seasoning out there and you need it in your lives. Regular taco seasoning will work just fine with this dip as well.
Seasoned taco meat, green chilies, Rotel, evaporated milk, and copious amounts of cheese all get melted together for this perfect warm-you-up appetizer.
Or Whatever You Do participates in several different affiliate programs. Links in this post may be affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is the secret to a smooth cheese sauce without processed cheese?
Most queso recipes out there will have you sticking a big block of velveeta in the microwave, and I’m not going to be the one to bag on those versions. Velveeta has its place in my heart, and that stuff melts like a DREAM.
But once in a while I’m just not really in the mood. Or I don’t have any around. Or maybe I want to be a little bit of a cheese snob. You know. Whatever the reason.
The secret to a smooth, unbroken cheese sauce is to go easy with the heat. In this case, we’re heating up the condensed milk until it is piping hot, and using that to melt the cheese. Once it is melted and smooth, you can stir in the rotel and meat and get dipping!
What should I serve with this dip?
Tortilla chips are our number one choice to scoop up this cheesy appetizer.
You can use a variety of dippers though, such as cubed French bread, corn chips, Doritos, or even stalks of celery or other veggies.
This dip is hearty and filling so it can definitely stand alone for a quick snack, or as a filling option for a bunch of hungry teenagers after school.
Or you can make it a meal and serve this with all the fixings. Break out the heavy duty paper plates, the chips, and bowls of options such as chopped tomato, lettuce, black olives, guacamole, sour cream, you name it!
If you like this, you’ll love my Churros too!
How do I store homemade queso dip?
Store this homemade beef queso in the fridge, tightly covered. You can keep it for about 3-4 days.
When I trying to decide how long leftovers are “good” for, I always go by the most perishable ingredient that I used to make it. In this case, that’s definitely the meat.
When should I serve easy Beef Queso Dip?
This dip is a great option for any occasion, people love a little spice in their lives once in a while.
This Beef Queso is a good choice for drop in guests, for an appetizer, or for any tailgating you have going on.
Make it for movie night with your family, or for all of those teens hanging around your house at any given time. They are always hungry and this is a filling snack.
So whatever occasion you need a quick, easy appetizer to serve, this Cheesy Taco Dip is a go to choice to add to your recipe box.
Pin For Later!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 can Rotel (whatever flavor is your favorite)
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Brown the ground beef until it is fully cooked, and then drain off the excess fat. Set aside.
- Mix together the corn starch and evaporated milk until fully combined and no lump remains. Heat the evaporated milk mixture in the microwave for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until it is hot. Watch closely! Microwave times vary. If you don't have a microwave you can heat it on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it is piping hot but not simmering.
- Place the cheese into a glass or pyrex (microwave safe) bowl, and carefully pour the hot evaporated milk over the cheese and stir until melted.
- Place the cheese mixture back into the microwave, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Stir in the ground beef, and serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g