- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 3-4 cups all purpose flour
- Place water, honey, yeast, salt, oil and egg into your mixer. Mix until egg is lightly beaten.
- Add whole wheat flour and oatmeal and mix on medium 2 minutes. Start adding all-purpose flour slowly while mixer is running until the dough is soft but not sticky, and cleans the sides of the mixer. Mix additional 2-3 minutes.
- Form dough into a large ball and place in a large bowl lightly coated with oil. Turn the dough to coat and let rise, covered, until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- Form into small balls and set on a prepped pan to rise again until doubled, approximately 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.