I received a Sous Vide Supreme machine free of charge for testing and review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Sous Vide Pork Sirloin Roasts
I am in LOVE with the Sous Vide Supreme. I’ve made three dishes in it now, and every one has turned out amazing. This particular version is my take on a FANTASTIC meal my sister-in-law Jen made for Sunday dinner the other week. You’ve seen a lot of her creations over here on the blog, and there will definitely be more to come. She made an apple cake last Sunday that was one of the best cakes I’ve ever eaten.
You can definitely roast these in the oven for about 2 hours at 325 if you don’t have a Sous Vide machine and still want to enjoy some awesome pork sirloin roasts. Jen did hers with potatoes, and there were NO complaints around the table that night…even from the kids.
Need some more ideas? I’ve got you covered!
The milk gravy is perfect with these potatoes and roast pork!
- 1 pork sirloin roast
- liberal amounts of salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups 2% or whole milk
- liquid from pork roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon beef "better than bouillon", optional
- Place all of the herbs and seasoning into the oil and stir gently to combine. Rub the pork sirloin roast with the herbed oil, and carefully place into a vacuum bag designed for cooking. Seal according to manufacturer's directions, and place into a preheated 150 degree sous vide machine.
- Let cook for 4-6 hours. Remove from sous vide machine, and reserve any liquid from the pouch. Quickly sear over high heat on all sides. Slice and serve.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the flour, and cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly stir in liquid from the pork roast and milk. Whisk to combine and continue heating increasing the heat to medium and stirring constantly until thickened.
- Season to taste, add bouillon and stir until dissolved if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 365mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Protein: 9g