Beefy Mexican Casserole recipe is such an easy and delicious weeknight dinner! You’re going to love this, and your family will too. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Beefy Mexican Casserole
This Beefy Mexican Casserole came to me by way of my awesome sister-in-law. She made this for the boys when I was out visiting Minnesota, and they loved it!
Any dish that all four of them eat, I am such a fan of because that’s like finding a unicorn. In true boy fashion, it wasn’t as big of a hit the second time around, but its still going right into my rotation. It is a super simple, quick, delicious weeknight meal that you can throw together in under an hour. Love.
Want more recipes from my amazing family? Check these out!
A small note though…the original recipe called for fat-free sour cream, which I don’t ever buy. I used the real stuff, which curdled after I baked it. It tasted great still, but next time I make this I’m going to omit it.
I’m also omitting it from the recipe I’m posting here. My sister-in-law said she had no issue with curdling either time that she’s made it, so your milage may vary. Also, she says that putting some cubed cream cheese in makes it extra delicious!
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- 2 cans Rotel, whatever your favorite flavor is
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla chips
- Cook ground beef and diced onion. Drain off excess fat, and then add the taco seasoning, corn, beans, and rotel.
- Put a layer of tortillas down in a 10x13 inch baking dish. Layer meat mixture on top. Sprinkle half of cheese on top. Layer more tortillas, then more meat, and finish with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until the entire mixture is hot and the cheese is melty. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and then serve with garnishes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!