These caramel apple tarts remind me of mini apple pies. They are perfect for parties, BBQ, or holiday treats. Make it all from scratch, or simplify it by using frozen puff pastry dough, jarred caramel sauce, and ready-whip cream.
Begin by rolling out your puff pastry to about ⅓ – ½ inch in thickness. Cut into your favorite shape using cookie cutters. Place thinly sliced apples on top, and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 400 until golden brown. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Top with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately!
Recipe adapted from Not Without Salt.
- 1 roll pre-made Puff pastry dough
- 1 apple
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll out puff pastry dough so it is smooth and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Top with thinly sliced apples.
- Bake at 400 until golden brown, approximately 12 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce, and top with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 121 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 108mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 1g