My sister-in-law recently asked me about these truffles…three years after I originally made them. I decided to come back and revisit this recipe, and when I clicked over to The Sister’s Cafe to get the recipe, their blog was GONE! Wha?? I hate it when blogs go *poof*. I was able to recover the recipe using the wayback machine, and I’m republishing it for you guys here today (with my own instructions, of course.)
These are adorable additions to any cookie tray, and they can be made to suit any holiday just by changing up the color palate. I have visions of easter egg decorated ones for the upcoming Easter holiday!
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies
- 12 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 cups white candy coating
- 1/2 - 1 cup colored candy coating your choice
- Place oreos in food processor, and pulse until the cookies are small crumbs. Remove to mixer, and mix with cream cheese until well mixed. Roll into 1 inch balls, and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate overnight or until very firm.
- Melt white candy coating in the microwave following package directions. Using a toothpick, dip balls into chocolate and place onto parchment paper to harden. Tap off excess before placing on tray. After the candy coating is completely hardened, melt red and green candy coating separately, place into a plastic baggie, snip the corner, and drizzle over your completed truffled. You can make these work for any holiday by changing up the colors!